Transferring Calls with 3CXPhone
3CXPhone for Windows allows you to easily transfer calls to other users using either “Blind” or “Attended”transfer. In a Blind Transfer the call is transferred without notifying the recipient. In an Attended Transfer the recipient is notified by the person performing the transfer (while the caller is on hold) and if the recipient agrees to take the call then the transfer is performed.
To perform a blind transfer:
- While in a call, click on the “Blind Transfer” button .
- Enter the number you want to transfer the call to. Alternatively, you can search for a contact by typing the name or number of the contact you are looking for. 3CXPhone will filter your contact list and suggest users/extensions.
- Click on the “Transfer” button to transfer the call.
To transfer a call via drag and drop, or right-click actions you can use the Expanded Presence Screen.
To perform an attended transfer:
- While in call, click the “Attended Transfer” button .
- Dial the number you want to transfer the call to, click the “Call” button and announce the transfer to the recipient. Alternatively, you can search for a contact by typing the name or number of the contact you are looking for. 3CXPhone will filter your contact list and suggest users/extensions.
- After confirming that the recipient wants to take the call, click the “Transfer” button . The call will be transferred to the recipient.
Check out our videos to see how easy it is to make a blind or attended transfer using the quick search option.
You can even use the BLF Panel in 3CXPhone for Windows to transfer calls. Check out how to make a blind orattended transfer with the BLF Panel in the videos.