1. Install required packages before you begin with the following command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install ca-certificates apt-transport-httpsClick to copy
If this results in an error, please check the User Tip below.
2. Use the following command to add a new source list:
echo 'deb http://www.ui.com/downloads/unifi/debian stable ubiquiti' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/100-ubnt-unifi.listClick to copy
|NOTE: Using http://www.ui.com/downloads/unifi/debian on a browser will result in a 403 Forbidden page. This is because we do not allow direct listing/access to this link. The URL is only meant to be used when using the CLI commands as in the one shown above.|
3. Add the GPG Keys. To add the GPG Keys use one of the two methods described below, Method A is recommended. When using the commands below, it is assumed you have
wget installed, more information about
sudo can be found here, and
| User Tip: For Ubuntu 18.04, run the following commands before installing UniFi in step 4. |
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv 0C49F3730359A14518585931BC711F9BA15703C6Click to copy See an example of what scripts the Community is using to install the UniFi Controller on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 in this Community post.
(Method A) Install the following trusted key into
sudo wget -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/unifi-repo.gpg https://dl.ui.com/unifi/unifi-repo.gpgClick to copy
(Method B) Using apt-key.
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv 06E85760C0A52C50Click to copy
4. Install and upgrade the UniFi controller.
sudo apt install unifiClick to copy
5. This step may not be required, depending on the Linux distro you have. If your distro does not come with MongoDB, and it's not available in their repo, then please see the MongoDB installation guide. You can find the latest installation guide for Ubuntu here, and Debian here. We recommend at least MongoDB 2.6.10. Some users have changed the backend to use MongoDB 3 successfully too. The UniFi Controller should now be accessible at the computer's configured local or public IP address.